Botéga di Orgnana
April 25th, 2016 I opened my small grocery store named „Botéga di Orgnana“ in Orgnana,
a small village above Magadino.
The „Botéga di Orgnana” is, as said, a small village-store. My assortment and variety of goods consist of mainly local products of comestible.
You will daily find several kinds of fresh bread (pre ordering possible), different local cheese specialities, fresh fruits and vegetables as well as a choice of staple food.
A choice of different red-/white wines, proseccos, honey, jam, milk etc. in BIO quality are at your disposal as well.
Free house delivery if needed is available. If further information is required or any questions should arise please contact me via e-mail or handy nbr
Also discover our homemade cakes
THE BEAUTY OF TICINO
The youth-hostel is located in Orgnana in the center of a small village overhead the larger village of Magadino, in a very quite area. The village has a domestic population of about 40 persons and is inhabited all year round.
Close to the hostel you will find the small grocery store called “Botéga di Orgnana”, a Grotto (local restaurant) “La Baîta” as well as the Osteria (local restaurant) “La Rocca”
During Summerseason you will have the possibility to use the free accessible public bathing beach of the village of Magadino and to take a swim in the Lago Maggiore.
Orgnana is a well placed starting point for excursions or walking-tours to the close by Maggia- or Verzasca – Valley as well as for are trip by ship on the Lago Maggiore to the well-known places like Ascona or Locarno etc.
Further information concerning the whole Ticino region can be obtained and are available.
Further excursion places:
- The “Monti di Vira” to the „Alpe di Neggia” and “Indemini”,
- the „Bolle di Magadino“, a protected nature reserve aera,
- the Magnolia-, Camellia- and Azaleapark in Vairano,
- Bellinzona with its 3 Castles (UNESCO world heritage) and his traditional market on Saturday’s with local products
located in the old part of town,
- the big traditional market on Wednesday’s in Luino (Italy),
- Locarno‘s mountain „Cardada“ with the “Madonna dell‘ Sasso” church“,
- the Swiss – Miniatur in Melide close to Lugano,
- the Zoo in Magliaso,
- the Tamaro – Park,
- the Splash and Spa Tamaro.